Monday 8 October 2012

How I Write My Book Reviews

Ok, so before I continue writing book reviews, I think you should know a bit about how I write them. Please note this criteria applies to fiction books only.

First, the general information. I always list the key factors before the review, so please note that this isn't part of the review. The key factors I list are the title, author, series number/sequel/trilogy, genre, total page number and rating.

So let's talk about ratings. I rate the way Goodreads does. So if you don't have Goodreads and don't know how to rate books, here is the ratings I use. Three stars is not neutral! Three stars means I enjoyed it.
* Didn't like it
** It was okay
*** Liked it
**** Really liked it
*****It was amazing

Now moving on to criteria. I will always have two paragraphs in my book reviews, one for the synopsis, and one for the analysis, where I will provide my thoughts on the book. I, unfortunately, must have a word limit of 300 words.

So that's it. That's how I write my book reviews!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and stopping at my blog!