December was a great month for me! The beginning of the month didn't look to good, as I was really busy and tired, but over the Christmas break I was able to relax and catch up on my reading! Not only was this month great because I read over my usual read count, but also because I read some fantastic books and had the chance to re-read three of my favourite books! I am going to list each of the books I read along with a description of my thoughts in only three words, a rating, and a link to my review if I wrote one.
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins*: ***** (five stars) - I can't even.
- The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson: *** (three stars) - A bit disappointing.
- Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan: **** (four stars) - Adorable and fun.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling*: ***** (five stars) - Ahh these books.
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens: *** (three stars) - Heartwarming but underwhelming.
- Partials by Dan Wells: **** (four stars) - Slow, then awesome!
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling*: ***** (five stars) - So much love.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry: **** (four stars) - Powerful and provocative.
January TBR + Epic Recs
Yay! My first time trying out my new method of TBR's! My goal this month is to read at least 7 books. These books are arranged slightly by priority, but will most likely not be read in this exact order. I already know that I'll be reading some of these far more ahead than they appear on here. My Epic Rec for this month is Taken by Erin Bowman, and Brianna's is Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris. I will definitely be reading Winterling and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (because I'm currently reading them), Taken (my epic rec), and Burn for Burn because I'm doing a read-along with Brianna.
I'm gonna try this out... Out of these 18 books, vote for your top 5 I should read in January in the comments down below. And let me know what you think of my new system!
Thanks for reading, have a lovely day!